Re: SPEC:postal irradiation and seeds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SPEC:postal irradiation and seeds
  • From: Bill Shear <wshear@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 09:05:53 -0500

If you are concerned about mailing seeds, your best information will be
obtained from your local postmaster.  Not all US mail is being
irradiated--only a small fraction.

Ask your postmaster if seed sent to you from a particular shipper will be
irradiated, or, if you plan to send seed, ask your postmaster if mail from
your post office is being irradiated.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
(434)223-6172
FAX (434)223-6374
email<wshear@email.hsc.edu>
Moderating e-lists:

"A man thinks as well through his legs and arms as his brain.  We exaggerate
the importance and exclusiveness of the headquarters.  Do you suppose they
were a race of consumptives and dyspeptics who invented Grecian mythology
and poetry?  The poet's words are, "You would almost say the body thought!"
I quite say it.  I trust we have a good body then."  --Henry David Thoreau,
Journals, Dec. 31, 1860.

Break free. Great
American Smokeout
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3vN8tD/.pSDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM