HYB: Seedlings sprouting

  • Subject: HYB: Seedlings sprouting
  • From: "Dana Brown" <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 19:51:28 -0600

Ok, folks.  I just finished planting all my seeds and many of them were
sprouting in the paper towels.  What I can't remember is whether or not I
need to protect those sprouted but not out of the ground (does that make
sense) seedlings from freezes.  I very carefully put a layer of soil over
those seeds and the seedlings will have to grow up through that soil to
break free of the surface.  At what point do they need protection from

Dana Brown
Malevil Gardens
Pres. South Plains Iris Society
AIS Region 17, MIS, ASI, RIS, TBIS