Re: gotta buy

  • Subject: Re: gotta buy
  • From: "pinkirises" <pbrooks@whidbey.net>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 20:55:08 -0000

Re. B. Blyth's cvs:

Denise Stewart at Snowpeak (you can link to it through AIS's
commercial growers link) has Lily My Love for sure -- she sent it to
me this year.  And I know she's ordering more varieties this year.
She has gorgeous pictures of all; so if you can't afford to order
direct as I can't, just click on Snowpeak Irises and Daylilies!

Patricia Brooks
Whidbey Island, WA, zone 8/9

--- In iris-talk@y..., "iris01addict" <iris01addict@y...> wrote:
> Guess its a case of wanting what isn't easy to get as you live in
the
> land of Ghio, Schreiner, Keppel, etc.
>
> I buy a lot (& visit if I can) a lot from both Barry Blyth and buy
> from Graham Grosvenor as well, but....
>
> Barry's new lines with About Town are simply fantastic.  Dont know
if
> Coffee Whispers, Lily My Love, etc. are over there yet, but in real
> life, these are really something.
>
> When we were at Barry's two years ago he had a seedling that was
> grey, not released yet but absolutely different and stunning.
>
> Guess I was after all those we don't see here.  We do get a lot of
> Ghio's, Schreiner's, Keppels, etc. and we also have to pay if we
> import (megabucks).  Was looking for others like I mentioned.
>
> Thanks for responding
>
> Dian Mitterer
>
> South Australia
>

> --- In iris-talk@y..., pbrooks@w... wrote:
> > Since you live in the land of Barry Blyth, I recommend ALL of his
> > cvs.  We in the U.S. have to pay all sorts of tax/quarantine
fees,
> so
> > I have to get them through a grower here, but they're worth
> whatever
> > $.  Try the Tempo Two website to order a catalog.  He always
gives
> > the parentage of all too, which is so generous.  I am beginning
> this
> > year a line of hybridizing using his Electrique at its center.
My
> > favorite iris and VERY fertile.  I have great hopes.
> >
> > Patricia Brooks
> > Whidbey Island, WA, zone 8-9
> >

> > -- In iris-talk@y..., iris01addict@y... wrote:
> > > well, our season is nearly over.
> > >
> > > All the enjoyment has now gone, now is the hard work again.
> > >
> > > Now comes to ordering.
> > >
> > > Of at least 100 varieties that I ordered last year, Picante and
> > > Blonde Bombshell were the outstanding varieties.
> > >
> > > Can anyone please help me with varieties that are on a par with
> > these.
> > >
> > > Stood tall, took wind, fertile, gorgeous, etc. etc.  ( Both Joe
> > > Ghio's)
> > >
> > > So from the land of Oz, to the land of ???, have you had better.
> > >
> > > Can you advise, please.  Think I may/will have to import next
> year
> > > (2002).
> > >
> > > Recommendations please.
> > >
> > > Dian Mitterer
> > > South Australia
> > > Australia
> > >
> > > Not sure what I fall into, heavy clay, some frost, no snow, and
> > > excessive ( 100 deg + in summer), no rain usually for 1/2 of
the
> > > year.

Stop Smoking Now
Nicotrol will help