CULT: Why do some stay green, others lose all fans? in winter

  • Subject: CULT: Why do some stay green, others lose all fans? in winter
  • From: "gesinelohr" <GesineLohr@excite.com>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 06:56:46 -0000

Hi all,

Laetitia and I were commenting, and both of us (she in NJ and
I in CA) have some potted iris with big fans, some with
tiny fans, some have lost all leaves, some seem to be just
rhizomes sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

I have some vague recollection that these differences may be
due to different amounts of species ancestry?? (e.g. pallida
either keeps or loses foliage in winter....)?

Can anyone shed any light?

Gesine
in Alameda, zone 9
too much rain!