Re: Re: CULT: SPEC: Why do some stay green

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: SPEC: Why do some stay green
  • From: storylade@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:55:15 EST

In a message dated 12/10/2001 9:25:17 AM Central Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

<< In my experience, irises that drop their foliage both during drought and
 during winter seem to be the most likely to endure forever here, >>

Linda, I know you are especially fond of DUSKY CHALLENGER so I'll pass on
this observation.  While I was at Alvaton, one of my self-appointed winter
tasks was to walk through the garden to see which varieties showed the most
"winter presence."  I don't remember all of the results, but I can tell you
that every time I said, "Wow, look at that one!" it was DC.  I did this for
several years.  And people thought I was crazy looking at irises in the
winter!  Well, the decision on that one is still out! <g>

Betty from BG KY USA Zone 6

Promise to Quit
Nicotrol will help
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5vN8tD/AqSDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM