Re: SPEC: kashmiriana, reichenbachii

  • Subject: Re: SPEC: kashmiriana, reichenbachii
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 06:50:08 -0500

Interesting additional info - thanks Bill Shear.

The clone of kashmiriana growing here came from the Spoons at
Winterberry Gardens.  As I recall, they sent a couple of starts, one of
which died.  The other grew quite well.  I posted a photo of it and some
similar blooms this year.  It is not tall here either, Jeff.  It is a
late bloomer.

However, the somewhat similar looking late blooming 'weed' that grows
everywhere here is quite tall for such a small flowered beastie.  I
didn't measure the height, but from the road, I've seen it blooming in
many gardens in the area as a somewhat short TB.  Jeff, did I send you a
start of this one too?

Ian Efford sent a very generous batch of starts of both clones of
reichenbachii (from two seedlings from SIGNA seeds).  All starts of one
clone died (I think, tho there could possibly be one lurking around in
the weeds somewhere that has never bloomed that I forgot about) and
several starts of the surviving clone also died.

I've not done a bud count on any of these.  As usual, none were pampered
- I stuck them in the ground and afterwards treated them like TBs -
fertilizer, ground limestone, episodic Roundup between the rows, & hand
weeding with an occasional dose of alfalfa pellets.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Break free. Great
American Smokeout