Re: SPEC: kashmiriana, bartonii

  • Subject: Re: SPEC: kashmiriana, bartonii
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:02:59 -0500

Thanks Bill Shear for posting the note from Clarence.  Throws a bit more
mud into the water, doesn't it?  I will make an effort to self  "#4"
this bloom season and see if it is more willing to set pods.  I will
also try crossing it with some diploids.  Hopefully it won't be such a
totally bad season for setting pods next year.  None of which will
provide anything useful for Clarence since I don't know what #4 is.

Does anybody know the origin of the kashmiriana that the Spoons
(Winterberry Gardens) grow?  Or if anyone has tried selfing it and
growing the seeds to blooming?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Quit now for Great
American Smokeout