Re: Re: Dusky Challenger

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Dusky Challenger
  • From: storylade@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:27:44 EST

In a message dated 12/11/2001 3:15:20 PM Central Standard Time,
jreeds@microsensors.com writes:

<< I have seen it look good elsewhere; but I tried it twice, and once got a
 single stunted flower.  Larry Gaulter >>

LARRY GAULTER is another gorgeous flower I used to grow.

When it comes to DC, I must be one of the lucky ones.  It does very well in
this area.  I am among the favored who have taken home Queen of Show <g> with
only one open blossom on DC.  It traditionally opens superb stalks with the
only problem being the day of the show.  I don't refrigerate, etc.  Some
years it will only have 4 buds, but most years it opens 3/4 of it's stalks
with the full count of buds.  Sometimes difficult to pick the least
weathered, since it's getting warmer by our show time, and the deep purple
shows every spot.  Still, it rivals SONG OF NORWAY for producing show quality

Betty from BG KY USA Zone 6

Quit now for Great
American Smokeout