Re: Re: CULT: Why do some stay green

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: Why do some stay green
  • From: storylade@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:33:45 EST

In a message dated 12/11/2001 2:47:24 PM Central Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

<<  Some are determined to just keep going in
 spite of having the upper halves of their leaves frozen & rotting. >>

Amazing.  I still have lovely foliage on most things.  I've an old fashioned
hollyhock (the purple striped one) that stole away in the iris beds and is
blooming like crazy, cause I wouldn't dig it up until I knew what it was and
by then it was blooming!  And my spider mums, most I raised from seed, are
creating leftover beauty in patches.  There are even iris buds opening in

Betty from BG KY USA Zone 6 where winter can't be far away.