Re: TB: A Decade of Dykes in MS

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: A Decade of Dykes in MS
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 21:13:25 -0700

I find it very interesting how different irises do in different parts of the country.  Of those you mentioned, I agree Stairway to Heaven is very beautiful and also a good grower.   It is a great iris that has produced little comment or controversy.  Yaquina Blue has made fair increase in the two years I've had it.  It has also produced two stalks of deep blue flowers, but without the perfection of form that it has in the pictures.  Conjuration has always produced show stalks for me a little too late for the show.  I like it.  Thornbird does well here, but I have seen it in other gardens and don't need it in mine.  My opinion is still out on Hello Darkness.  Despite all the bad things I've heard about it, it has made good clumps in my garden.  It just hasn't bloomed yet.  I lost Honky Tonk Blues to rhizome rot this fall.  It never did well here.  I am very fond of Pond Lily.  It blooms well with such beautiful flowers.  The increase is fairly good.  Though I have to watch it for rot; it's worth it.
Francelle Edwards,  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9