I'm collecting and co-ordinating imformation on purple leave base foliage and would like information on the observation of PBF on the following varieties.

Cup Race
Laced Cotton
Dusky Challenger

Do you note PBF on them? Is it present spring and fall? How pronounced is it? Also note your zone.

I'm currently thinking that this is a cumulative effect ie: it takes several genes in order to show properly. I'm also checking out information that some  anthocyanins are temperature sensitive, thus it shows more in cold weather. The temperature sensitive anthocyanins could also explain some of the dramatic colour differences in some varieties  especially where there is a wash or hint of anthocyanin such as Afternoon Delight and Thornbird.

Also if anyone is keeping track of PBF and have lists, could you forward them to me. Thanks.

Promise to Quit
Nicotrol will help