Re: CULT: Why do some stay green

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Why do some stay green
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 07:13:12 -0500

I said:
<<  Some are determined to just keep going in spite of having the upper
halves of their leaves frozen & rotting. >>

And Betty W in Kentucky (same region, farther north) replied:
<Amazing.  I still have lovely foliage on most things.  >

Every time I drive through Kingston (the closest 'big city' <g>), I
enjoy looking at the HUGE display of impatiens in planters along the
front of a shop in 'downtown'.  Kingston is on the lake/reservoir plus
the planters are raised concrete beds at the front of a brick building,
under the overhang of the single story roof, facing east....The plants
are gorgeous, with not a bit of frost damage showing.  In mid-December!

My impatiens are long dead, even the ones against the concrete porch.

The irises, on the other hand, are knuckling under to take advantage of
the late rain and warm temperatures to store a bit more food while they
can.  At least the smart ones are.

Speaking of grammar/spelling, I suspect the antrhopomorhphisms may grate
on some nerves, but I enjoy the personal relationships I have with these
chlorophyll based life-forms <g>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Quit now for Great
American Smokeout