Re: RE: Hyb-PBF

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] RE: Hyb-PBF
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:45:03 -0500

Dusky Challenger does not have it here

Mike Greenfield
redear@infinet.com
SW OH Zone 5b, USA
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: irischapman@netscape.net
  To: iris-talk@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 7:01 AM
  Subject: [iris-talk] RE: Hyb-PBF

  I'm collecting and co-ordinating imformation on purple leave base foliage and would like information on the observation of PBF on the following varieties.

  Cup Race
  Laced Cotton
  Dusky Challenger

  Do you note PBF on them? Is it present spring and fall? How pronounced is it? Also note your zone.

  I'm currently thinking that this is a cumulative effect ie: it takes several genes in order to show properly. I'm also checking out information that some  anthocyanins are temperature sensitive, thus it shows more in cold weather. The temperature sensitive anthocyanins could also explain some of the dramatic colour differences in some varieties  especially where there is a wash or hint of anthocyanin such as Afternoon Delight and Thornbird.

  Also if anyone is keeping track of PBF and have lists, could you forward them to me. Thanks.
  --

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Quit now for Great
American Smokeout