Re: OT:Heronswood and Burpee

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT:Heronswood and Burpee
  • From: judyhunt1@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 20:38:25 EST

In a message dated 12/12/01 3:50:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, wshear@hsc.edu
writes:

 <Last year, W. Atlee Burpee Co. acquired Heronswood Nursery.  Dan Hinkley
 stayed on as manager.  Now I read that Burpee has filed for Ch. 11
 protection in bankruptcy.  Does anyone know what this means for Heronswood?>

Bill, Dan is scheduled to be in Louisville on January 12, 2002, for a lecture
sponsored by Botanica, Inc., a local non-profit horticutural group.  The
information he sent us says that he manages Heronswood.  I tried to reach the
person with whom he has been in contact, but didn't find her at home.  I will
try later and if I learn anything different, will let you know.

In case anyone is interested, Dan's topic is "The Garden in Winter: Blossom,
Foliage, Fruit and Bark".  Tickets are $7.00 and will be sold only at the
door...no advance sales.  If anyone is interested in more information, please
email me privately.

Judy Hunt in Louisville, KY, Zone 6

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!