Re: New To List

  • Subject: Re: New To List
  • From: "pinkirises" <pbrooks@whidbey.net>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 02:34:46 -0000

Welcome, Toni,

You're going to have to fight a whole lot of people on this list for
the title of best lover of irises!  You will learn as much as you can
absorb from this list.

Where are the rhizomes you purchased last year?  Are they protected
at all?  Have had air?  Inside or outside?  Irises are the toughest
of plants; you may be able to plant them now and see if they are
still viable.  Maybe in pots, in an unheated garage until they can be
planted out next spring?  Moist but not wet?

Patricia Brooks
Whidbey Island, WA, zone 8/9

(Identify yourself with place and climate zone; it helps others help
you with advice.)

-+--- In iris-talk@y..., "ameichholz" <ameichholz@y...> wrote:
> Hello, I'm hoping that this list will have people who share my love
> of Iris's as much as I do...
> It started with the large bearded Iris's that grew on my
> grandmother's farm along the fenceline...She used to get so
> when I picked them... When we sold the farm my father and I dug
> of them up and transplanted them into their yard of the house I
> up in and then they moved about a year later, it broke my heart...
> I collect things with bearded Iris's and am thinking of getting a
> tattoo of one also, but haven't found the perfect one yet...
> I have a house of my own and there is a great Iris farm about 45
> minutes away...but I'm horrible!!  I went and bought a ton of
> last year and never got them planted!
> Anyway...can't wait to enjoy Iris talk!
> Toni

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!