CULT:Accuracy of Registered Bloom Season

  • Subject: CULT:Accuracy of Registered Bloom Season
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 06:51:34 -0600

DUSKY CHALLENGER is listed as ML for its bloom season, and, here, I
would say that the bloom is probably in the early days of ML for it
appears so many times in shows, which are scheduled ordinarly for M.
Whenever it blooms here, it never burns around the edges like some
that are dark and earlier (BEFORE THE STORM, MIDNIGHT OIL
and even EPICENTER).  I was afraid to order  VILLAIN because it was
listed as L, but for me it is consistently M.  SWING AND SWAY had me
thinking I had a rogue because it is VE (sometimes the first TB to
bloom), not M as listed in the Checklist and is an azure blue self
and not a white with blue highlights.  So blooms  vary from garden to
garden and climate to climate.  It's those registered as EML that
bother me.  You don't know what their bloom season is until you try
try them.  For me,  they usually turn out too early and get frosted
or too late and get cooked.  I definitely avoid  buying introductions
labeled  VE, VVE, VL and VVL until I find them to be successful in
somebody else's garden nearby.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (9 or 10 for November and December with
persistent monsoons)

Need new boots for winter? Looking for a perfect gift for your shoe loving friends?
Zappos.com is the perfect fit for all your shoe needs!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ltdUpD/QrSDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM