Thanks to all who posted and responded privetly.
Laurie, add Canadian Streaker to your list of PBF. as well a variagated foliage it is PBF. This is particulaly delightful as the purple changes colour depending on colour under the PBF. Also a result of a cross of two non PBF varieties (Laced Cotton X Cup Race)

Currently I'm susspecting PBF to be a cummulative gene effect. Usually it takes 3 or 4 Pb genes to show PBF with the most strongly marked being 4 sets eg: Pb Pb Pb Pb. Occasionally Pb(2) will show as faint or inconsistant PB, examples of this are Laced Cotton, Dusky Challenger, Titan's Glory. The Pb(2) that will show it seem to be dark purple varieties. Remember that Laced Cotton is a plicata. The purple seems to be an anthocyanin and very likely one of the anthocyanins that are temperature sensitive. Thus it  shows more ewhen the temperature is cool and likely only slightly related to sun. Allthough the purple will pick up more sun and warm up the plant more & sooner in  the spring.

This is consistant with the information on crosses that I have received and seems to fit the punnett square analysis. Any more numbers on observations of crosses would be welcome.

The one piece of confirmiong information has not yet been received. That is if PBF is Pb(3) and Pb(4) then there should be some crosses of PBF X Green with no PBF offspring. I'm trying to produce some test crosses to show that. While you usually note PBF seeedlings, when all of the cross is green foliage it can be missed that one of the parents is PBF. If anyone has noted this  please let me know.

One of the problems is if PBF is Pb(3) and Pb(4)and PBF is about 10% of the population, then probably (this needs to be calculated and I don't have the formulas that I need) about 75-80% of plants carry at least one Pb gene.

I'm looking to SDB for these tests as the distribution of PBF is much less,
about 2% vs 10% for TB.

Keep the information comming.
 Thanks to all that have helped.

Unlimited PC-PC calling at Crystal Voice! - Only $1/Mo.
Download your free 30 day trial. Click here.