After Irises, what then?

  • Subject: After Irises, what then?
  • From: Tom Greaves <tomg@iadfw.net>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:35:40 -0600

My wife is on my case to take up other gardening interests
besides irises.  We live on 4 acres near Dallas, TX (zone 7)
and she is afraid that I'm going to fill the whole property
with just irises.

So I'm hoping that there are people here who have gardening
interests that go outside irises that they can share with
me.  I'd like to grow plants that flower in the other
seasons besides spring.  I am also planting reblooming
irises, but need something else too.

My special requirements are:

1.  Summer temperatures go above 100 degrees F. (I use drip
irrigation then)
2.  Winter temps can get down to 10 degrees.
3.  Black rot on roses is uncontrollable, so they are out.
4.  My chickens, ducks and geese have free range over the
property and they have a tremendous appetite for tender
green plants.

HELP!!

Need new boots for winter? Looking for a perfect gift for your shoe loving friends?
Zappos.com is the perfect fit for all your shoe needs!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ltdUpD/QrSDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM