RE: Hyb-PBF

I have been receiving information counts on results of various crosses that produced PBF. I'm consistanly getting counts of PBF X green that are less then 50%. If Pb is a simple dominat then this could not happen. Also consistant reports of PBF from two green based parents, again not possible if simple dominat. Also reports of PBF X PBF producing 50% PBF offspring. This would only be possible on basis of my theory re PBF being Pb(3) or Pb(4).

So far it seems we have four categories of foliage re PBF, Green (no purple), faint and only in spring Pb(2) and only in plants that have dark purple in flowers (not all Pb(2) show this, some appear green always) slight PBF which seem to be Pb(3) and intense which seem to be Pb(4).

The intense PBF plants also seem to be darker green.

There may be two types of pigments producing PBF. Some analysis needed here.

PBF seems to be temperature sensitive. May be affected by sunlight that warms up the plant.

I'm still looking for information re any cross that involves one PBF parent producing all green offspring. Some crosses I made this year may produce that.

SDB survyed in my garden showed 15 of 715 plants had PBF, very close to 2%.

Limesicle X Sheldon Butts yielded 7 PBF offspring and one green plant, suggesting Limesicle is Pb(4), certainly the darkest PBF of any SDB I have,
and that Sheldon Butts is Pb(2).

I have made a number of crosses with Limesicle and some may give all green offspring. I'm waiting anciously for these results which should be available next year.

Could everyone look at their crosses from last year and check the seedlings from any cross that has one PBF parent to see if there are any crosses with one PBF parent that produced all green offspring?