Re: Re: After Irises, what then?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: After Irises, what then?
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 18:30:53 -0600

Tom,

If you have deer problems, beware the daylilies.  Mine stay around two
inches tall the year round and only those next to the house manage to bloom.
Lantana is a good choice for our area.  Some of the frost tender varieties
still survive through the winter in our part of Texas.  I doubt Mr. Gander
or Ms. Goose would eat those, though they are not averse to tasting anything
showing green (I think they'll try anything at least once).  That was my
experience.  The lantana available now comes in a lot of colors that weren't
available in my childhood and have survived the winters. The old-fashioned
ones are more erect and nearly impossible to kill through neglect if you
want those.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA - 150 miles west of Dallas

Need new boots for winter? Looking for a perfect gift for your shoe loving friends?
Zappos.com is the perfect fit for all your shoe needs!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ltdUpD/QrSDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM