Re: After Irises, what then?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] After Irises, what then?
  • From: "wendy sargeant" <wendon@dcsi.net.au>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 13:07:01 +1100

Hi Colleen, and all,
I have been reading this thread and thought I grow many of those sugggested
plants..all except for lavender, which doesnt like my soil, or my cold wet
winters. I have neighbours who can grow stunning speciemens, but not me.
Mine sulk and have stunted roots when I finally pull them out in
frustration. So after 3 years of attempts, I am finally resigned..no more
lavender. However my buddleias all grow rampantly and flower abundantly. I
love them, so do all the birds and insects.Terriffic shrubs/trees to satisfy
the nasal senses and wonderful plants to satisfy the frantic pruner in us
all:) I have lots of species geraniums amongst many of my iris beds and they
thrive.and many dont mind the hot sun., you just have to note thier cultural
requirements according to the psecies..whether it is a sun tolerant variety
or not.Cheers for Now from a happily dirty Wendy Sargeant who has been
planting many newbies..Thank You very much for all the extras Colleen:) So
generous,  Yippee!.Zone 8/9 Victoria , Australia.