Re: Re: SPEC: kashmiriana/bartonii

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: SPEC: kashmiriana/bartonii
  • From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:01:51 EST

In a message dated 12/15/01 2:24:02 PM Mountain Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

> Sharon, Bill, Clarence, others.. does the information you've seen about
> kashmiriana/bartonii mention a short and tall version of neglecta like
> the photos we've posted?  Or are they other colors?  The irises that
> grow 'wild' in poor rural areas around here are one form each of
> germanica (very early), pallida (early), Honorabile (or a form of
> variegata that looks just like it)(mid to late) and this thing (very
> late).  It wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be another form of
> kashmiriana/bartonii IF this species was a passalong plant in this
> country as early as the 1800s or more recently.

None of the photos I found in the archives included closeups of the standards
to show the characteristic basal hairs, so I really can't speculate about
their relationship(s) to I. kashmiriana.

'T'will take a bit of digging to provide a summary of color forms....

Sharon McAllister

Unlimited PC-PC calling at Crystal Voice! - Only $1/Mo.
Download your free 30 day trial. Click here.