Re: After Irises, what then?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] After Irises, what then?
  • From: "wendy sargeant" <wendon@dcsi.net.au>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 11:09:59 +1100

Hi Jan and all,
Thank you for reminding me Jan, that lavenders need a limey soil. I did know
that but was determined to try and grow them, but again as we have acidic
soil it is most logical that they wouldn't/arent' thriving.In the try to
grow them processs, I had forgotten their proper cultural
requirements..Perhaps it is a common gardener fault, always wanting/trying
to grow the impossible in the wrong spot.
Whats blooming now: Masses and masses of JI's, sheer heaven. I have a new
digital camera so I am going to play amateur photgrapher and see if I can
capture their beauty on film, or whatever you call it..If you hear any yells
of frustration , it will be sure to be me...
Cheers for Now from Wendy Sargeant, Zone 8/9, Victoria, Aus.
P.S. As to my buddleias..I hack them down to stumps in autumn and now they
are towering over the old dairy shed covered in masses of buds.