Re: After Irises, what then?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] After Irises, what then?
  • From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 01:42:50 EST

In a message dated 12/15/01 5:07:08 PM Mountain Standard Time,
wendon@dcsi.net.au writes:

> Thank you for reminding me Jan, that lavenders need a limey soil. I did know
> that but was determined to try and grow them, but again as we have acidic
> soil it is most logical that they wouldn't/arent' thriving.In the try to
> grow them processs, I had forgotten their proper cultural
> requirements..Perhaps it is a common gardener fault, always wanting/trying
> to grow the impossible in the wrong spot.

I am in need of a memory jog.  I believe that this thread has been discussing
the "lavenders" of the perennial bed, but there's also a large shrub grown in
OK & NM -- and probably much of the SW -- that is known colloquially as the
"lavender" bush.  It is extremely fragrant and almost impossible to kill.

Can anyone supply its proper name?

Sharon McAllister

Unlimited PC-PC calling at Crystal Voice! - Only $1/Mo.
Download your free 30 day trial. Click here.