Re: After Irises, what then?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] After Irises, what then?
  • From: "D. Patterson" <nye@mail.fidalgo.net>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:41:42 -0800

arilbredbreeder@cs.com wrote:
> I am in need of a memory jog.  I believe that this thread has been discussing
> the "lavenders" of the perennial bed, but there's also a large shrub grown in
> OK & NM -- and probably much of the SW -- that is known colloquially as the
> "lavender" bush.  It is extremely fragrant and almost impossible to kill.
> Can anyone supply its proper name?
> Sharon McAllister

Here are three candidates:

Hyptis emoryi (Desert Lavender)
Vitex agnus-castus (Lavender Bush, Lilac Chaste Tree, Vitex 'SHOAL
Lavandula stoechis (Spanish Lavender, Lavender Bush)

Dallas Patterson
USDA Zone 6 Puget Sound, Washington

Need new boots for winter? Looking for a perfect gift for your shoe loving friends?
Zappos.com is the perfect fit for all your shoe needs!