Re: Re: SPEC: kashmiriana/bartonii

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: SPEC: kashmiriana/bartonii
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 08:00:44 -0700

> From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
> I can hardly wait to look for hairs next bloom season.
> Don, Ginny, Lowell, others who grow kashmiriana, have you looked for
> hairs?

Please note, however, that the presence of such hairs is not definitive for
kashmiriana. The germanicas also may have scattered hairs present on the

Dykes in his description of germanica (The Genus Iris, p.163) says:

"Standards, obovate with a short channeled haft, which often bears a few
straggling whitish hairs.",

and of kashmiriana (p.183):

"Standards, . . . The canaliculate haft bears three or four whitish hairs,
sometimes very short and almost undistinguishable."

No silver bullet here, it seems.

HIPS Commercial Source Chairman

Need new boots for winter? Looking for a perfect gift for your shoe loving friends?
Zappos.com is the perfect fit for all your shoe needs!