AIS: Membership Renewal

  • Subject: AIS: Membership Renewal
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:22:18 -0800

Anner Whitehead sends:

This is a gentle reminder to all those whose AIS memberships are
December 31, 2001.

Now is time to get those checks written and sent to the AIS Membership
Office. Remember, the date your dues arrive in the Office is the date
membership is renewed, not the date you drop the check in the mail, or
date you give it to someone to send in for you. To avoid delays and
confusion, we always encourage AIS members to tender their dues directly
the AIS Membership Office.

AIS policy provides that all those who have paid to renew before the
list for the January AIS Bulletin is finalized will be included in that
mailing list, but persons renewing later must request the January
from the Membership Secretary. Those persons may expect delays in
the January issue since sending them out does not take precedence over
Membership Office business, and winter is a very busy part of the year
for us
with Affiliations season kicking into high gear. The best way to make
you receive your January Bulletin as early as possible is to renew
your membership expires.

As an additional courtesy from AIS a Final Notice of Expiration will be
sometime in mid-January to the unrenewed, but sending those costs AIS a
deal in postage and other resources and I am confident we would all
that such monies are better applied elsewhere.

If you thought your membership was expiring this year but you did not
get a
Renewal Notice from me, please feel free to drop me a note. Renewal
are sent by First Class Mail, but in any mailing as large as that of the
Notices there are bound to be some pieces which go astray. If you know
AIS Membership Number--you do know your AIS Membership Number don't
you?--please include it when you write. Including your Membership Number
you communicate with the AIS Membership Office always ensures the
possible service to you.

Our best wishes for happy holidays and a floriferous New Year to
from The American Iris Society.

Anner M. Whitehead
AIS Membership Secretary

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)