Re: AIS: Region 7 winter potluck

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS: Region 7 winter potluck
  • From: judyhunt1@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:27:09 EST

In a message dated 12/21/01 5:45:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

< Anybody know the particulars of the annual Feb potluck?  Henry Horton is
 closed (along with so many other Tennessee State Parks) & I've heard
 rumors that the potluck will be in Lewisburg?>

You heard correctly, Linda.  The meetings will be held at the National
Tennessee Walking Horse Headquarters and the motel, The Walking Horse Inn, is
across the street.  They are on Highway 50 in Lewisburg, about one hour south
of Nashville. (These are the directions Eleanor Boysen sent, but she must be
assuming that everyone drives the same speed!  I guess that's why she said
"about".)  Take Exit 37 off I-65.  The room rate is $42 plus tax.
Reservations must be made directly with the motel at 931-359-4005 no later
than January 25th.  Mention you are with the Iris Society.  She will be
mailing notices in January, but she sent this info to all club presidents to
get the news out about the change.

FYI, the Region 7 Winter Meeting is great fun and everyone within driving
distance, or flying distance, for that matter, is invited to attend.  The
dates are Saturday and Sunday, February 23 and 24, 2002.  We have a potluck
meal on Saturday evening with some type of entertainment following, and have
a guest speaker (usually called Judges' Training, but interesting and
informative for anyone who loves irises) on Sunday morning.  So y'all bring a
dish and join the fun!

Judy Hunt in Louisville, KY, Zone 6

http://us.click.yahoo.com/IgTaHA/ZQdDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM