Re: Cult-bloom

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Cult-bloom
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 18:37:32 +1100

>Well, here we are at the summer solstice and the weather is just starting
>to warm up.

Just starting to warm up here too, although the sun doesn't eat through your
clothes like it did in Castlemaine. I have been busy unpotting daff bulbs,
and all my little South African bulbs. These can mostly stay out of the
garden until April, giving me some breathing space, and time to get on with
planting out irises.
I have 100 PCI's seedlings to plant out in pots, but that will have to wait
now until after Christmas. I have 1 PCI in bud. A gorgeous dark blue plicata
edge, and heavy pencilling in the same colouring, on the falls, style arms
dark, dark blue, and standards arms a few shades lighter. I have had some
exciting patterns from Ghio mixed seed.
Last year I had PCI's bloom well after the TB's had finished. Just a few
flowers here and there.

A couple of TB's lingering on. THRILLER, and a seedling look alike for
Sooner Serenade, that is a cross of Supreme Sultan X London Lord.
My 1 and only JI just budding up, and a few buds left on Roy Davidson.

>Time for our wonderfully relaxed Aussie Christmas with ham, prawns,
>cherries and strawberries etc. Aussie's are very schizophrenic at

Not here Colleen. I have a large Turkey to stuff tomorrow, and will bake
vegetables and make gravy to go with it.
No pudding, but I will be making a large brandy trifle, which my family
love, and lots of traditional nibbles to fill up on, the we all find
somewhere to sleep it off, or curl up with a Christmas book for a cosy read.
Cheers, and have a happy one everyone,
Jan Clark, in Aus.

Access Your PC from Anywhere - Full setup in 2 minutes - Free Download