Re: Transfering genes (colchicine sources)

  • Subject: Re: Transfering genes (colchicine sources)
  • From: academyhouse@toad.net
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 22:03:57 -0500

> Where would you get Colchicine ?

John,
Phytotechnology Labs also lists it. Their web site is at:

http://www.phytotechlab.com/home.html

Colchicine is considered a hazardous material, so there will be
significant upcharges for shipping. You may want to order several vials
at once if you intend to do more than a few experiments.

I have gotten colchicine from other sources, but without contacts in the
chemical pharmaceutical industries, it may be frustrating for you to use
them.

I have, however, ordered other supplies from Phytotechnology and I have
been quite satisfied with their service. I did have trouble ordering
from their web site, but they have a toll free number and a helpful
staff.

Good luck.

R. Dennis Hager
on Delmarva
where colchicine is frequently used on beardless irises.

Good luck.

R. Dennis Hager
on Delmarva

http://us.click.yahoo.com/IgTaHA/ZQdDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM