Re: Re: Transfering genes (colchicine sources)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Transfering genes (colchicine sources)
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 11:10:58 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: academyhouse@toad.net
  To: iris-talk@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 10:03 PM

  > Where would you get Colchicine ?

  Phytotechnology Labs also lists it. Their web site is at:

  Colchicine is considered a hazardous material, so there will be
  significant upcharges for shipping. You may want to order several vials
  at once if you intend to do more than a few experiments.

  I have gotten colchicine from other sources, but without contacts in the
  chemical pharmaceutical industries, it may be frustrating for you to use

  I have, however, ordered other supplies from Phytotechnology and I have
  been quite satisfied with their service. I did have trouble ordering
  from their web site, but they have a toll free number and a helpful

  Good luck.

  R. Dennis Hager
  on Delmarva
  where colchicine is frequently used on beardless irises.

  Colchicine is frequently used on humans also for Gout. From personal experience.

  Mike Greenfield
  SW OH Zone 5b, USA