HYB: pollen-bearers

  • Subject: HYB: pollen-bearers
  • From: "pinkirises" <pbrooks@whidbey.net>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 21:28:51 -0000

Merry Christmas, gang!

I had my Christmas last week when I was with my son and his family,
including my two adorable little grandaughters.  (Divorce requires
juggling of holiday visits.)  So I've been spending the last few days
of glorious weather -- sun, no wind, 50s days -- cleaning up the dead
leaves and weeds from my iris beds and whispering encouraging words
to my exciting new leaves coming up.

And of course planning my new purchases and crosses for next season.

So I thought it would be fun to start a new thread of those cvs we've
found to be the best pollen-bearers.

Mine have been:

1) Electrique, my favorite iris and the center of my second
hybridizing program.
2) Mulberry Punch and Gypsy Romance, which I plan to use liberally in
said program.
3) Sweet Reflection.  Ditto.
4) Divine.  Ditto.
5) Titan's Glory.  Also.
6) Samurai Warrior.  Too.

Sky Blue Pink  (central to my pinks-with-pastel-beards hyb project.)
Perfect Couple

Patricia Brooks
Whidbey Island, WA, zone 8/9