Re: Re: Fragrance and Iris Genetics

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Fragrance and Iris Genetics
  • From: "Sandra Barss" <bardraj@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:12:11 -0800

I have already skimmed that book - what I need is an "Iris Genetics for Dummies"
book.  I really do not care to know all the chemical compositions of colors, etc.
I just want to know what traits are dominant traits, what traits are recessive, and
what traits are additive in nature.  I can't really see why irises would have a lot
different genetics in these terms than other flowers and there IS a lot of information
on the genetics of fragrance in other flowers.............but as I said I don't know
very much about genetics at all.

Anyway, hope you find what you are looking for.

SE Manitoba