Re: HYB:Colchicine

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] HYB:Colchicine
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 16:25:26 -0500

Several months ago my doctor thought I had Gout in one of my trigger fingers.
He prescribed Colchicine for this condition. After a Uric Acid test it was found I didn't have it. My Doctor was a Pharmacist before becoming a Doctor. He is very conscientious about the medicines he prescribes. Not saying he or any doctor is perfect.
This post is just to give all that are using Colchicine an idea of what a little bit can do.

I was prescribed 0.6 MG pills. Instructions: Take 1 tablet in the morning, then take 1 tablet every 1 to 2 hours until pain is relieved or nausea, vomiting or diarrhea occurs.

The first pill made me ill, the second made me very ill. I stopped taking them. No pain was relived. In the past I have had very little problems with taking any kind of medicines. Even the ones you are instructed to take with food, and I don't eat anything with them. And I weigh 290.

Mike Greenfield
redear@infinet.com
SW OH Zone 5b, USA

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!