COMP: Subject Tags

  • Subject: COMP: Subject Tags
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 09:54:37 -0600

If you did not click on the url sent by Laird Kelly the other day,
you missed being taken to the Dork Tower and learning a good lesson
through cartoons.  I know I have been a Subject Creep or a dork many
times over for not changing the subject line when I have gone into
other realms not covered by the subject at hand.  Often, this is done
in my haste to get an answer to one who has inquired and I have
drifted afield in my answer.  Thanks, Laird.

Back in '99 when the list was around 300 in membership, Christopher
Hollinshead (now curator of the AIS Web Site), conducted a survey on
the use of Subject Tags.  We voted to keep them.  This can be found
in the Mallorn Archives in April of '99.

On April 26, 2000, Anner Whitehead (now AIS Memberships Chairman and
#! 1Chronicler)  wrote a dissertation on the Hows, Whys and
Wherefores of Subject Tags.  John I. Jones, list-owner and AIS Board
Member with computer credentials, has referred to this work of
Anner's several times when we have strayed.

I have posted this from the historical (not administrative for which
I have no authority) point of view and do hope you'll investigate
http://www.mallorn.com/lists
sometime.  You'll see other archives besides those on irises.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!