Re: HYB: My first seedling?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] HYB: My first seedling?
  • From: "John Reeds" lamegardener@msn.com
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 20:04:18 -0800

Fun and exciting, isn't it?  You never know quite what you'll get, and when you force your judgment to be unbiased, usually the parents are better.  But once in a while, the seedling is a real winner.
Plum Wine is one of the few dwarfs that really performs well enough in southern California (zone 9b) to be worth keeping here.  lots of rebloom, rich color, typical strappy dwarf form.  I'm not much of a fan of medians in general; I prefer the tall, ruffled TB's.

John Reeds