Re: HYB: wide falls

>Is such width 'too much of a good thing?

IMO, yes.

>Do all irises have to be that wide?

I surely hope not.

>I still like to see the identifiable fleur de lis form in an iris.

So do I.  And more than wide falls contribute to obscuring that form.  I
like many of them very well, but it will be a shame if the basic iris form
falls so out of fashion it can only be found in species or historics.  There
should be room for all of the various aspects the architecture of the bloom
can provide.  Why define it narrowly and dismiss some nice things?

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA