Re: HYB: wide falls

Thanks for the reminder about KATHLEEN KAY NELSON.  Her name came up the
last time I asked about wide falls & a generous Region 7 list member
immediately sent me a few starts.  She hasn't been very happy here - so
far no bloom, even with protection.  I think this was her second bloom
season.

I looked thru a few more catalogs, searching for wide, touching, or
overlapping falls descriptions.

While Phil's Rocktop catalog is good at giving a lot of detail in
descriptions, I only saw one mention of wide falls - SOUTHERN THUNDER
(Mullin 01): (Royalist X Honky Tonk Blues).  There are a few he
describes as big, or large, or full.  He mentions wide foliage many
times, but not wide hafts.  Neil M., perhaps that's what you were
thinking of?

I also only saw one mentioned in the most recent Schreiner's catalog -
NEW TUNE (Grosvenor 96) (Silverado X Skyblaze).  The catalog attributes
the wide falls to SILVERADO.  The photo of BOLD FASHION (complicated
pedigree) certainly  looks like wide hafts - I bought it this fall.

Grosvenor has introduced several irises from SILVERADO breeding.
Anybody seen many of these & know if they have wide hafts?

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8