Re: HYB: wide falls

I haven't been able to set a single pod on the GP Brown crowd, mostly
because they haven't cooperated by blooming during 'normal' spring bloom
season.  The weather was absolutely horrid (hot windy dry humid) when
they were finally open (summer), so not worth trying with saved pollen.
And they weren't producing pollen.

Anybody in a more favorable location/climate want to try?

This fall, when it finally cooled off and started raining (last week?
<g>), SUMMER WHITEWINGS put up an incredible stalk - unbelievable
branching and bud count on a 40+ inch stalk.  Froze solid after about 3
blooms opened.  I saved some pollen...maybe next spring.

> Roberts 97-88a might put some vigor in retro lines.  Try it with a
> GPB rebloomer for some exciting seedlings.    The iris world may
> beat a path to your door!   Walter Moores

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
where we seem to have gone from 90s to 20s in a very short time.  Yucky
weather forecast.