Re: HYB: wide falls

Absent mindedness strikes again - TEMPTONE is one of the rhizomes you
traded to me this summer.  It is growing like a weed here also, and I
remember noticing the ferocious root growth when I moved it from
temporary pot to garden.  I will make extra efforts to protect this one
from late spring freezes and keep my fingers crossed.

> I said:  > Grosvenor has introduced several irises from SILVERADO
> breeding. Anybody seen many of these & know if they have wide hafts?

> & Walter M replied:
>    Linda, I have TEMPTONE, Grosvenor's intro from Silverado x
> Dusky Challenger.  It was planted in 2001 but did not bloom this
> spring.  However, it is the most vigorous of anything planted last
> year, and I am looking for it to bloom in 2003 as a 'double-wide.'

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8