Re: HYB: wide falls

Linda,

>I haven't been able to set a single pod on the GP Brown crowd, mostly
>because they haven't cooperated by blooming during 'normal' spring bloom
>season.  The weather was absolutely horrid (hot windy dry humid) when
>they were finally open (summer), so not worth trying with saved pollen.

Horrid?  Except for the humid part, pretty much sounds like my whole bloom
season as soon as the late freeze that kills anything early is gone.  Be
grateful for that bit of humidity.  Helps sets pods if you can act fast
enough and catch the blooms in the millisecond they are receptive <G>.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA