Re: Cultivar Height

When registering an iris, the height should be an average.  If there is
a marked disparity (consistently), then the height can be given as a
range (e.g. 30-36").  If there is only a variance of a couple of inches,
forget it...unless we're talking miniature dwarfs!

Height should be measured from the ground to the top of the terminal
flower.  Or to the leaf  tip, if the flowers are down in the foliage...
:>)

When reading registration information, you should ALWAYS keep in mind
that plants are living, variable entities.  They are NOT going to
perform exactly the same (incl. height) in different years, in different
climates, in different gardens, with different regimes of watering and
fertilizing and light availability.  The hybridizer supplies the
information; we print it.  We have neither the facilities nor the
abilities to verify the information supplied at the time of
registration.  It is up to the each of you to decide how accurate the
descriptive information is -- in relation to YOUR own conditions.

(Caveats from Keith, at Registration Station)