  • From: Gordon Nicholson iris4u@pacbell.net
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 07:58:16 -0800

I have noticed wider then usual falls on Fred Kerr's releases, I would
also like to mention that they do not appear "squatty" and the petals to
not stick straight out, they have some "fall" to them.  I have also
noticed that the general buying public in our area still prefer a little
"droop" in the iris they purchase.  They admire the iris (space-agers)
that are getting "fluffier" and petals that are horizonal but still go
for allot of "dog eared" iris.  BTW, our rebloom is spectacular due to
Southern California type weather in Central California. We have Tb's,
dwarfs, Ib's in bloom, sorry no pci's or La's in bloom.  We have not had
a BIG killing frost yet, very late!! lorraine, zone 9 in Modesto