Re: OT-BIO-rkinnard@minesmo.org

Welcome Rose,

>have recently begun to try my hand at hybridizing.  I really need
>information on when and how best to plant the seed I have aquired.  I have
>planted many-over 500 in 5 years and so far have only 12 seedlings to show
>my effort.

Sounds nearly about like my rate of germination/survival.  Do you save what
you've planted to see if they come up the next several years?  Last year and
this year some pods that didn't germinate at all the first year gave some
germination.   Some people have much better rates than I can get from them.
Probably lots of reason as to why that's so, one being they live in a
climate more agreeable to giving the temp ranges that suit the seeds.  Where
are you located?

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA