HIST: Guesses, anyone?

Hello Everyone (especially you HIPS folks and other historic aficionados),

I have a favor to ask of you.  I have just finished updating and adding
quite a few more pages of unknown irises to my website - many of which
are obviously historic - along with numerous photos and as much
description as I could locate in my mess of iris-related paperwork and
notes.  In anticipation of next year's iris acquisitions, I would very
much like to purchase known cultivars that might be potential matches for
my unknowns with which to make side by side growth comparisons in my
garden.

If you find yourself with time on your hands at some point this winter
and a desire to view some iris photos, would you please be so kind as to
take a look through my unknown irises and let me know if any strike you
as potential matches to known cultivars?  Bear in mind, however, that my
numbered unknowns are planted in a sandy, shady bed where they are
definitely *not* being grown to their full potential, so heights and
classifications may be understated.

You can find links to all of my unknowns at the bottom of the named
cultivar list at the following URL:
http://www.angelfire.com/mn3/shadowood/irislist.html

Thank you, all, for any assistance you may be able to provide,

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/
USDA zone 3b, AHS zone 4 - northern MN