Re: Re: HYB: Plume d'Or? - wide falls

From: Linda Mann
NOBLE CONTESSA sounds like one I'd like for itself, not just as a source
of wide falls.  Lilac stds over plum falls with lilac rim. yummy.

Linda:
I have (or had?) Noble Contessa, acquired 5 months after Louisa's Song and
actually treated better.  It is definitely pretty enough, although I would not
consider the falls to be particularly wide.  It is also a rotter for me; I
think I have one tiny increase left off of a rotted-out mother rhizome.  Since
I put in the sprinklers in Louisa's bed a couple of months ago, three enormous
rhizomes (from the original one) have now become a clump of over a dozen fully
mature fans.  A much better flower in a very similar pattern, it render's NC
obsolete, at least in my garden.

John Reeds, southern California 9bGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer
download : http://explorer.msn.com