Re: unknown historics

Hi Pat,

>The weird part of this all was that he thinned
>his irises in OCTOBER IN WISCONSIN - and I got the rhizomes in
>November.  I skeptically took the bag, making grumbling noises about
>how these will never survive . . . . she laughed and said she got the
>same amount last year in DECEMBER and didn't lose one!!

That is amazing and attests to the toughness of those WI historics.  If
they survive and thrive for you, as I expect they will, you and I will
have to talk trade in a couple of years.  ;-)
>The joy of discovery awaits me.

I'm excited for you!  I do hope you have a scanner or digital camera with
which to share pics on iris-photos next year.

Enjoy the season!

USDA zone 3b, AHS zone 4 - northern MN
clay soil