Re: CULT: How I feel about the great unknown

>Are you a member of HIPS?

Indeed I am, Judy, for a couple of years now, and my interest in historic
irises is ever-increasing.  As I and many others have noted on the list,
the older tried and true historics seem to have survived the decades and
centuries as a result of their inherent toughness and adaptability to
various growing and climatic conditions.  That makes them particularly
well suited to difficult environments such as my own here in MN.  I have
lost a few historics over the last several years, but as a general rule
the test of time has served me well in anticipating the success of both
named and unknown irises in my garden.  Geriatric irises are welcome
here.  ;-)

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/