Re: Re: CULT: mulch (was TB: Mariah)

On 22 Dec 2002 at 13:08, Oneofcultivars@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/21/2002 6:08:45 AM Central Standard Time,
> lmann@volfirst.net writes:
>

> > Where was the Morrison report published?  Is it available on the web
> > somewhere?  How can I get a copy?
> >

> I know not where the report was published . . . . .
>
> Bill Burleson 7a/b
> Old South Iris Society

It was published by the Mississippi Agricultural Experiment Station, now called
MAFES,  through a grant from AIS received by C. O. Box in the Horticulture
Department, Drawer T, State College, Mississippi 39762 in May 1970.

University Archives in the Mitchell Memorial Library on the campus of MSU might
have a copy.

'Published' in this sense means the old mimeograph/multilith format.  However,
there are parts on 'slick' paper that appear to have been professionally printed.

The charge of the grant was to study the effects of mulching of tall bearded irises.
Only PINNACLE, supplied by Schreiners, was tested.

There is an Addendum to the report.  Dr. Box decided to study Time of Planting and
Suberization to coincide with the study on mulching.  I would assume since this is a
separte report, these studies were not authorized.

He also stated in that in 1971 he would undertake a 'Fertility Study' and a 'Fungicide
Study.'  I don't know whether he did or not as I have no reports.

There is an article in the AIS Bulletin, probably in 1970, about this study.  I have
that issue but cannot retrieve it at the moment.  Anyone who wants to dig theirs out
and report on the study has my blessings.  Can somebody find this article in the
Index that is online somewhere and report exactly what issue this article is in?

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8