Re: CULT: mulch (was TB: Mariah)

Jeff in Utah said:
<PINNACLE is without question the most vigorous, problem-free cultivar
among all of the 150 or so historic bearded irises that I grow >

Certainly makes sense to me to be experimenting with mulch using a
fairly tough cultivar.  Mulching a rot prone one seems like asking for
trouble & wouldn't give much useful information if they all died.

Walter, does it say in the article why that cultivar was selected as a
test plant?
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8